SPAM

Rick7 11:57 12 Oct 06

I am getting a lot of spam messages coming through at present particularly titled "Postmaster . . . ."

In my frustration to try to stop them I am considering getting a program such as Spambully which says you can bounce the emails.

Does anyone know if this just lets the spammer know that your email address exists or does it give the impression that it doesn't exist as the email has been returned to the spammer.

Also, if anyone has any better ideas as to stopping these unwelcome emails then I would be very grateful.

Kind regards

Richard

Meshuga 12:04 12 Oct 06

NEVER bounce spam, it only lets the idiots who send it know that your email address is Live. There is very little you can do to stop it. Try downloading Mailwasher. You can check your mail while it is still at the server and delete what you dont want. That way you dont get the rubbish on to your PC. Meshuga.

Andsome 13:20 12 Oct 06

I would second that. Mailwasher is a great program.

Rick7 13:22 12 Oct 06

Thank you for confirming what I thought Meshuga. I suspected that it wasn't a good idea to use the bounce facility in this program but the company in question are promoting that this is exactly what to do.

numskull 17:23 12 Oct 06

I made the mistake of bouncing a load of junk e-mails and all that has happened is that they have increased numerous times!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac