SPAM.

Micek 11:12 16 Feb 06

Can anyone recommend an effective Spam killer which will work with BT Yahoo Mail?
Yahoo's own system merely parks suspected SPAM in a Bulk Folder, and its filter system is too hit and miss. It is easy enough to delete from Bulk but this does not stop repeats, of which I got no fewer than 6 this morning.Some of them are listed in the Yahoo filter, which stopped them for a few weeks only.
Ideally I want a killer that allows SPAM to be bounced back and gives the impression that my address is invalid - and which can work with Yahoo Mail.
Micek

harristweed 11:22 16 Feb 06

Waste of time. Spammers use false return addresses so your bounce will just put more junk on the internet.

Worth a read. click here

6 in a morning, your lucky!
At one time I was upto 100 an hour.

spuds 11:26 16 Feb 06

Do not bounce spam, as this will have no effect whatsoever on the sender of spam. This will only clog up a server system. Spam is sent out in the main as random mailshots, so it can be very hit a miss affair.

Have you considered Mailwaher click here or K9 click here

spuds 11:28 16 Feb 06

Would agree with "6 in a morning,your lucky!".

Micek 14:27 16 Feb 06

Many thanks to Harristweeds and Spuds for the quick reaction to my request.
The resulting leads have led me to an enormous wealth of information which will take a bit of time to read through and try out but I feel confident that by the end of that I will have the solution.
Micek

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…