spaces in html

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 21:58 12 Apr 06

hello all
could someone tell me if there is a html code for a space / line so i can seperate things

beynac 22:10 12 Apr 06

For a space " "
for a line break (return) "<br>"
for a line across the page "hr>".

beynac 22:12 12 Apr 06

Sorry the code for a space doesn't show (it showed a space!). Try this without the spaces "& n b s p ;"

PurplePenny 22:21 12 Apr 06

Remember that if you use the non-breaking space (nbsp) it doesn't just put in a space: it also stops the words either side of it being broken apart.

Can you give us an example of what you want to do?

I am putting buttons down the side of my blog click here but they are bunching together

PurplePenny 23:18 12 Apr 06

Put each one in a paragraph of its own.

Doesn't the blogging software that you've used have any facility for doing that kind of thing?

BTW the DTD claims that the page is XHTML Strict so you need to tighten up your code (it doesn't validate at the moment). For instance any tag that doesn't have a matching end tag </tag> has to be self-closed <tag foo="bar" />; so if you used the break tag that beynac mentioned <br> you would have to self-close it thus <br />.

You lost me
what is BTW / DTD

I have put <br> and it seems to have worked :) 00:44 13 Apr 06

By The Way - Your Document Type Declaration (the line of code at the very top that states which w3c html code is used: Strict or loose (transitional).

splatter 13:27 13 Apr 06

Just a quicknote:

Use <br /> and <hr /> (as PurplePenny said) for XHTML compatabilitly see click here for more information on conforming to web-standards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…