SP3

podlod 07:35 17 Jul 10

Hi, Windows is very soon terminating SP2 and you now have to download SP3 if you still want update covering from them. The only thing I am concerned with is, it apparently affects AMD which is what I have at this moment in time and maybe can still cause me problems. I do not know how true this is, or maybe they have remedied the problem? Any advice as what to do regarding this please.

onthelimit 09:09 17 Jul 10

There are numerous threads about this fear. Generally unfounded - my PC has AMD and several that I have installed SP3 on also use their chips. Was probably an early glitch which has since been overcome.

podlod 10:51 17 Jul 10

Hi onthelimit, thanks for placing my mind at ease and will download when they ask me to, thanks again.

robin_x 19:52 17 Jul 10

When I upgraded to SP3 a couple of years ago on my 5 yr old AMD Athlon II PC, the install kept freezing.

Then I tried this larger, network download and it worked fine.

click here

podlod 11:26 18 Jul 10

Hi, ok thanks robin, will download as you advised, let you know how it performs, the tribulations of a pc!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…