Sp2 woes

Da3v 10:40 11 Jan 05

I was required to "upgrade" to service pack 2 from XP home to gain access to the Wireless lan in my college. Now my notebook(sony) is less than useless. some of the applications don't work and when i plug my usb mouse into the port it crashes instantly. Do i need to find drivers for it on the internet? because it is plug and play and it assumes i don't need a disc with drivers on it. Not only that but the Belkin software provided with the wirelesss card is fighting XP for control of the wireless network thus rendering it useless. please share some advise.

gudgulf 10:57 11 Jan 05

Yes is the answer to your question.The first step you need to take is to look at the Manufacturers website and see if any known issues with SP2 exist or any updated drivers exist to make things un smoothly .Same thing goes for your Belkin card...click here as a starter.A general Google search for any issues that exist is also a good idea....type the make and model of your laptop and wireless card along with SP2 into Google and you will soon find out if anyone else is having the same problems as you.

For any applications that no longer work properly you need to look for any updates on the web and again use a Google search.If you can't find what you need post back with the exact model of your laptop,applications that dont work etc.

One final thought,if you were required to update by the college is there no assistance on offer from their IT department?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…