SP2 and tablet PCs

Christ40 17:51 05 Jan 05

Installed SP2 on my Tosh Portege 3500. The external DVD was disbaled (i.e. the Tablet couldn't see it. Eventually Toshiba said to uninstall SP2 (still DVD not seen). They then said revert to an earlier date - still no DVD drive. Now they say they can't help. Everything else works fine - trouble is the DVD uses (for some reason) a PCMCIA slot - not USB. Either, can I link my DVD to the USB (I'd need a cable to do it) or does anyone know of a fix? (Tried updating the card driver - no good). Useless customer service from Toshiba - leave well alone unless you are prepared to go it without their support (machine is less than 1 year old but they say it is a SP2 problem - not theirs. Nothing on their website until after this by the way.
I'm p***ed off with them!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…