SP2 and spoolsv.exe

xquest 10:03 24 Sep 04

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but, as in an earlier post, the search facility won't work on this site - not for me anyway.

SP2. No problem loading it onto laptop and desktop, but both machines booted up a lot slower - the many icons I have on the desktop took ages to complete, but the process got faster after each boot. Learning curve ?

However 'spoolsv.exe' took 100% of the memory whenever I tried to print using my OKI laser printer.
I uninstalled SP2 - and it screwed up the graphics driver.

So I tried to restore to before SP2 - none of the restore points would work.
So I downloaded the appropriate driver and now all is well - the printer works OK.
The OKI help line responded to an email about another matter by ringing me !!!!! During the conversation I asked them about SP2 and they said, in effect, they are busy NOT using SP2 because of the chaos it causes.
And top marks to OKI for their support.
So there. I shall wait for a few more patches to come out, and a good report from real users. I just hate beta testing.

And can anyone solve this spoolsv.exe problem under SP2 because if so I just might have another go?

JonnyTub 10:07 24 Sep 04

post this in the new xp sp2 forum and you'll probably get a quicker response of some meaning from people who have been using sp2 for some time.

regards jonny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…