SP2 and scanner

ianeon 15:28 14 Aug 04

XPPro + visioneer 8700.one touch- I installed SP2 and now my computer doesn't recognise my scanner - I have reinstalled the software, updated the drivers, unplugged/plugged everything, been to manufacturers site, lights are on where they should be, still no joy - can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this problem - thank you - Ian

alan227 17:10 14 Aug 04

Go to add and remove programmes and uninstall SP2 this will revert it back to SP1 complete with all your updates.
Make sure your scanner works then have another go with SP2.

Chegs ® 17:21 14 Aug 04

Does XP not recognise the scanner(It should appear in explorer)I had a heap of grief with XP and my scanner(HP 2100C)I changed to NTFS filesystem so I could use my PC to edit video(files often larger than 4Gb)and this meant my HP driver wouldn't work(scanner not found! error)I could still use the scanner but I had to use XP's "Scanner & Camera Wizard" On my PC,it was "WIA" (Windows Image Aquisition) that was agravating the problem,I tried disabling it in "Services" but then got "not found" errors even with the wizard.Try typing " services.msc " into run,and have a look at the options for "WIA" Try setting it to manual and reinstall your driver.If you do get it to go,I would be interested in how you did it,as I might be able to cfg mine to work with its own driver(I have had it working with its own HP driver,but that was whilst my PC was running FAT32 filesystem,and even then it was a fight and a half)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…