SP2 problem with display?

JWRH 11:22 28 Mar 05

Display hangs
I recently downloaded SP2 and now have a problem that after about 15-20 minutes the display hangs: pc is still running but I cannot change/close any windows. Task Manager shows the program is not running and the only way out is to shut down the pc from Task Manager. Can anybody help?

Gongoozler 12:36 28 Mar 05

What program does Task Manager say is not running, or not responding?

JWRH 15:18 28 Mar 05

Task Manager does not show any programs as running/not responding. I assume from this that they have shut down successfully but that the screen has frozen.

Gongoozler 18:03 28 Mar 05

Are you saying that after the computer has been running for 15 - 20 minutes that it completely stops responding, no response to the keyboard, no mouse cursor movement etc, and the only way to switch off is by the power switch?

JWRH 19:18 28 Mar 05

Mouse and keyboard still respond but screen is frozen - can't clear down or change any windows etc. Task Manager comes up ok, but shows no programs as running (I assume that they have in fact shut down) and I have been shutting down via the shut down label at the top of Task Manager as the only way out.. I thought I remembered seing this in the MS site as a known problem with SP2 but have not been able to find the answer again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…