sp2 problem.

davo1967 16:24 11 Apr 08

Hello all, i posted a thread last week about how my desktop kept crashing on startup after i tried loading sp2 and i had a couple of posts back about maybe it could be the memory which i had installed, so i ran the windows diagnostic memory tool overnight a couple of times and it found no errors but as my pc totally crashed a few days later due to what i thought was the hard drive giving out i thought it was that which was at fault, so i have just installed a new hard drive and tried to install sp2 and again crashed halfway through startup , my system is 2 gig of ram, sempron 3400+, 320 gig hard drive, and radeon x1600 pro.
p.s. i am using a wireless mouse and keyboard could it be anything to do with that?

skidzy 16:55 11 Apr 08

"p.s. i am using a wireless mouse and keyboard could it be anything to do with that? "

Possibly,i always setup a system with a wired mouse and keyboard.

SP2 has several features and i believe it has support for the wireless devices but obviously needs to be installed first prior to using wireless devices.

I have seen posts here at PCA having problems trying to install an os with wireless mice and keyboards.

Certainly worth a try with a wired setup.

If your os is SP1,download SP2 and burn to disc and install once the SP1 os has been installed as opposed from MS updates.

davo1967 17:32 11 Apr 08

Thanks, i have a copy of sp2 on microsoft disc will that be just as good ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:40 11 Apr 08

better its less likely to be corrupt.

davo1967 18:55 11 Apr 08

tried it with the wired mouse and keyboard, same thing crashed on start up, any other ideas please ?

skidzy 19:35 11 Apr 08

Then i suspect a possible power issue,can you try another psu ?

Any error id codes on screen ?

davo1967 19:53 11 Apr 08

no there are no error codes and i dont have another psu, could go and buy one i suppose, thers a lad who works at my local maplins, might see if he will have a look at it, thanks anyway.

davo1967 10:38 24 Oct 09

look at my other posting dated 24/10/09.

Stuartli 10:56 24 Oct 09

Four (I've just found yet another), rather than one, threads on a single subject is over the top and only creates confusion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac