SP2 on PC, adviseable on Laptop too if Networking?

AngeTheHippy 12:18 28 Jun 06

Morning Chaps,
A couple of weeks back I re installed XP and at that point installed XP SP2 on my PC. No, let me go back a bit, I had both a PC & a Laptop with SP1 installed. I networked the two with no probs. THEN a couple of weeks ago I re installed XP on the PC and also SP2. Now, when I network the 2, I get the annoying message telling me I have little or no connectivity between the 2. I CAN copy files between the two, but it takes a while. The reason I installes SP2 was that during the last MS update it dropped a star onto the sys tray advising that from October this year, MS would no longer support SP1. Now, I have the official MS blue CD of SP2 - if I install it on the Laptop, do you think it would help the 2 regarding networking? Would it make a difference running one M/C SP1 the other SP2?

Thanks lots,

AngeTheHippy
xx

Diodorus Siculus 12:24 28 Jun 06

SP2 makes a lot of improvements to XP so it's certainly worth having.

Whether or not it solves your networking problems is another question...

AngeTheHippy 13:34 28 Jun 06

mmm - I've left it this late to install SP2 because of all the problems others encountered when it first came out. I expect I'll HAVE to put it on Laptop though as MS won't support after October...

Thanks,

AngeTheHippy
xx

AngeTheHippy 13:34 28 Jun 06

mmm - I've left it this late to install SP2 because of all the problems others encountered when it first came out. I expect I'll HAVE to put it on Laptop though as MS won't support after October...

Thanks,

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…