sp2 and ntbackup

patso 13:13 17 Sep 04

i have sp2 disc from the mag,but when i tried nt backup to backup mymhard drive it could only find the floppy drive and c drive to back up on.when i tried the c drive my space was being eaten up with the new backup files.i have 40 gig with 13gig used but it was heading for 20 gig when i stopped the backup utility.how can i backup to cd drive as i presume i would need about 10 floppys.im using xp home.ps how much room should system restore take up.any help please thanks

jhm 13:39 17 Sep 04

If I understand correctly you want to backup your C drive which has 13GB used. If you do not have any other large volume backup device attached you can only backup to C, A. To backup your curent C to floppies would take 8667 discs (they only hold 1.44MB)
I guess the only way would be to create a folder on C called Backup and allow the utility to store the backup there and then burn that Backup folder to CD's, but even this would take 20 CDs or 4DVDs.
Another possibilty is to use NT Backup to save your Documents and Settings only, although you will have to reinstall your OS and other programs at least all your personal stuff is saved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…