sp2 installproblem

patso 18:34 28 Oct 04

i have posted this fault about sp2 before but i have tried to install sp with no luck i have tried everything including a hotfix removal which i had installed on my pc.i have found these files after the install failure notice on my pc.xpsp2.exe.29831c52 pf in c/windows prefetch,xpsp2.exe.260dc86a.pf xpsp232kb windows nt command and xpsp2res in c:\63a2a3176e4606556dbb dl file.i still cannot install sp2 so what are these files and how do i install sp 2.does anyone know.i was also on to microsoft and awaiting their reply.

jacquisue 18:37 28 Oct 04

Hi Patso,
SP2 completely buggered my PC so I had to do a re-install, losing most of my stuff. It's happened to lots of my friends and all the help you'll get from them is 'Oh we know there're incompatibilities! I've refused to try to download it a 2nd time.

patso 19:04 28 Oct 04

Thanks very much for your reply. That sounds like good advice I willl stick with sp1 until microsoft get back to me.Thanks again jacqiuse.

patso 21:26 29 Oct 04

jc microsoft rang me and told me to try an install without my scanner and printer plugged in in safe mode which i did and still no luck.i give up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now