SP2 Firewall Port Problem

colin38 23:40 03 Sep 04

I have installed Service Pack 2 today and when I am on certain websites part of the page can't be seen.I have read that you can allow access to these webpages by getting the port number. But were do you enter this port number to make the whole page appear.

Also I am using Zonealarm and Windows XP's Firewall do I need to use both ?

Colin Hall.

Lio 23:48 03 Sep 04

Zonealarm is a perfectly good firewall, probably better than the Windows XP firewall. You are better just running the one firewall to avoid any conflicts.

gudgulf 00:22 04 Sep 04

When you visit these sites check the status bar at the bottom of the page.SP2 will sometimes show a warning icon.If it does there should be a message at the top of the screen which tells you what the problem is--for example the site might want to download some software in order to run properly.

I've found that when this happens the warnings are not that noticable unless you know where to look! So if disabling the windows firewall doesn't do the trick have a good look at what is displayed on the screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…