sp2 firewall or sygate personal

Grambo 19:18 27 Nov 04

Have just bitten the bullet and installed sp2. All seems ok but have to sort out settings. Is the sp2 firewall better than sygate. Or is there anyharm in running both. I have broadband now.
Thanks

VoG II 19:30 27 Nov 04

I would say that Sygate is better than the Windows one.

Running two software firewalls together may cause conflicts, prevent you from fully accessing the internet, slow internet access down and so on. On the other hand the Securiry Center may complain if you turn off the Windows firewall and it doesn't recognise the Sygate one.

Technotiger 19:47 27 Nov 04

SP2 Firewall still leaves a couple of Ports open so is not entirely safe. A better bet is the Free Zone Alarm, this can Stealth All ports and make your pc invisible to hackers etc. If you use ZA you can safely disable the SP2 firewall.
But don't forget you will still need a good Anti Virus, such as AVF(Free) and I would also advise AdAware as well. Cheers :-)

Technotiger 19:48 27 Nov 04

ps - welcome to the 'fast lane'.

Technotiger 19:50 27 Nov 04

oops!! I meant AVG, not AVF, sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…