sp2 error (i think)

ro1 07:40 29 Mar 05

hi all, ijut face again....
it has just occurred to me that since allowing sp2 and patches into my pc, ive found i cannot PRINT .....having gone through the agony of faultfinding and add/removing previous printer installation 3 times...i started to think it was sp2.....can you help me please....in easy languageheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yoda Knight 08:36 29 Mar 05

You will have to give more details - what happens when u try to print ? Is it connected via USB ? Is it not printing from all programs or just specific ones ?

gudgulf 09:54 29 Mar 05

Have you looked on the printer manufacturers web site for any updated drivers/patches that might be available? If you post the make and model we can help you check if there are any known issues with SP2 and your printer.

ro1 11:23 29 Mar 05

hi - the printer model is EPSON STYLUS CX3200 - and YES it is connected a USB -changed it over too......and, it DOESNT PRINT period...in fact my FAX (WHICH IVE NEVER USED) .became my PRINTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one box came up with USB001....is this any help...love joy

Yoda Knight 11:24 29 Mar 05

Is the printer still listed in the control panel ? If so right-click and set it to default

ro1 12:21 29 Mar 05

hi - i managed to do that, but still nothing...oooooh another box mentioned something about sp2 and firewall..i forgot that am 73 you see heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ro1 16:35 01 Apr 05

helppppppppppppppppppp

ensonricky 16:51 01 Apr 05

Try uninstalling the printer via the device manager and remove any associated programs in the Ass and Remove programms feature. When you have done this reinstall hardware and software as instructed by the manufacturer.

ensonricky 16:52 01 Apr 05

Add and Remove programs

ro1 10:49 02 Apr 05

hi - i have device manager in front of me, and there are no epson printers shown..i have usb controllers and usb roothub..thats all

ensonricky 01:19 03 Apr 05

I take it your is only connected via USB, fair enough just boot up without your printer connected go to Control Panel>Add and Remove Programs locate your Epson software and remove. Shut down your PC then follow the instructions for reinstallation of your printer etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…