SP2 disc not recognised by sfc

Chris the Ancien 20:41 04 Nov 05

A while back, I had a major 'rebuild' on my pc done by a local dealer (now gone bust and no longer around) after some really catastrophic HDD problems that I didn't have the ability to fix.

I gave him my XP Home disc so that it could be loaded after and also gave him my SP2 disc so he could put in the upgrade. All worked properly and well and I got my full system up and running - eventually.

However, I recently wanted to do an sfc check and all was going well until it asked me to put in the SP2 Pro disc. I put my disc and and, hmmm, it was not recognised. Obviously, the dealer used his own SP2 disc.

This means that I can't run sfc! I don't want to even think of trying to remove the SP2 that's in there in case it asks for the disc again and then have to go all through reloading my copy (an MS original) coz goodness knows what havoc might be wreaked!

Any ideas?

CtA

woodchip 21:18 04 Nov 05

XP discs are all the same. how did you try running SFC? it should be like this in the Run Box

SFC /SCANNOW press enter

VoG II 21:22 04 Nov 05

Copy the I386 folder to your hard drive click here

Chris the Ancien 21:45 04 Nov 05

Woodchip...

Yup! Did that - but then it wanted the disc.

VoG™

Gulp! Read that and I shall give it a go... tomorrow when I haven't been indulging in chilled white stuff.

Thanks guys. I'll call it ticked at this stage coz that link from VoG™ looks like the answer.

CtA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…