SP2 Conflict

hillclimber 07:50 13 Mar 05

After installing SP2 my audio device driver no longer works.I have downloaded the upgraded driver but I cant install it because it cannot find the hardware,could someone tell me how to find it.

hillclimber

bremner 07:51 13 Mar 05

If you look in Device Manager do you have any entries with a yellow exclamation mark?

hillclimber 08:19 13 Mar 05

Yes,I have one on the multimedia audio controller but dont know what to do about it!

Terry Brown 09:54 13 Mar 05

The easiest option is to uninstall,(highlight item, then goto to Action (Top) and select uninstall, the scan for hardware changes and it should re-load the correct driver.

hillclimber 10:03 13 Mar 05

Did as you said Terry but it tried to install the old driver again

jimv7 10:07 13 Mar 05

As Terry Brown has advised but this time chose 'update driver' and let xp search the net.

bremner 10:56 13 Mar 05

Is your sound provided by a seperate sound card or is it on board. If it is the later then you should have the motherborad disk as supplied with the machine. Run this and it should automatically install the sound card driver.

If it is the former go to the manufacturers wedsite and get the latest driver.

hillclimber 13:23 13 Mar 05

Got it sorted out guys,although it did not help that I had downloaded the wrong driver in the first place.Once I had the proper driver it installed no problem.
Thanks again guys,hillclimber.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…