SP2 CD for XP

Prewch 12:43 19 Jun 06

Is it still possible to get SP2 upgrade CDs for the original version of XP?

Ta for any suggestions

mattyc_92 12:56 19 Jun 06

Do you mean the "Windows XP Service Pack 2" installation disc?

If so, I don't think you can order the CD, but you should be able to download it still from Microsoft

Strawballs 13:00 19 Jun 06

click here SP2 download

Strawballs 13:02 19 Jun 06

Then once you have SP2 click here to slipstream your copy of XP with SP2 and burn it to a single disc

spuds 13:08 19 Jun 06

It's still available for download from the Microsoft site, but be warned its a very big download, starting from scratch. It maybe available on a cover disk still, failing that, perhaps someone on the forum may have a spare copy.I cannot find my SP2 at present, otherwise you would have been welcome to a copy.

amonra 14:03 19 Jun 06

I've still got my original SP2 CD from Bill Gates. If you mail me from the envelope I could do you a copy.

powerless 14:06 19 Jun 06

click here

Please allow approximately 4-6 weeks for shipping. ;-))

Quicker to download or have amonra send it to you.

spuds 17:06 19 Jun 06

Still cannot find my spare copy, but when I ordered it from Microsoft, it took a lot less than the quoted 4-6 weeks to arrive.

Ray5776 20:03 19 Jun 06

Why don`t you just download it? cant`t see the point in getting a disk and messing around slipstreaming.

dogbreath1 22:14 19 Jun 06

Ive just carried out a Repair Install of XP using a SP1 disc. There is a very good reason for slipstreaming....if you ever need to carry out a fresh or repair install, you will save yourself a whole heap of time.

woodchip 22:18 19 Jun 06

You cannot download if XP is Pirate.

Is that why you want a CD?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…