sp2

denis93c 15:37 19 Aug 04

i cant see sp2 on microsoft`s site,were is it?
update did not find it.

SEASHANTY 15:48 19 Aug 04

Microsoft evidently want you to set your PC to automatic updates to download SP2. Mine is set to Autoupdate. I have just checked Control Panel >
Add Remove Programmes and scrolled down to the Hotfixes at the Bottom. Quite a lot are (SP2).
Also checked Windows update and it tells me that NO UPDATES AVAILABLE. I therefore presume that most if not all SP2 has already been downloaded to my PC.

rawprawn 15:54 19 Aug 04
  rawprawn 15:59 19 Aug 04

Look in your Control Panel, if you have Windows Firewall, Security Centre Etc you have if not you don't. Download Belarc Advisor it will tell you exactly what is on your computer. Or look in Add or Remove programs and see if it's there (Tick the little box oat the top to show it) if you have no box you don't have SP 2.

rawprawn 16:01 19 Aug 04

Sorry in Add or Remove It should just show Windows Service Pack 2, no updates.

Djohn 16:10 19 Aug 04

Just set your PC to auto update and it will download from there for the "Home" Version. The Microsoft update site will only offer downloads via this method and not by manual checking as at this time.

Auto update for XP Pro will be available from the Microsoft site on the 25th. of this month but again only through the auto download feature. Manual downloads can be accessed from other sites or even areas of Microsoft but best to leave it to the auto update as it will scan your individual machine and download only what is required. j.

Djohn 16:15 19 Aug 04

For those who are unsure if they have been updated then right click on My Computer Icon, choose properties and it will say so in there. At the moment mine says XP Pro SP1. After the update it will say XP Pro SP2.

SEASHANTY 23:54 19 Aug 04

In add remove progs it shows SP1 and then underneath that it shows SP2 but there are several hotfixes under this listed by the number and (SP2) in brackets. When I switched on PC this morning Windows auto update was showing in the sys tray indicating a 75MB download for install. My firewall
shortly afterwards placed a window saying Windows update required permission to connect to microsoft
which I okayed. I then left this and switched to BBC website and listened to around an 90 mins of radio progs. NTL have said my BB was updated to 750k earlier this month so that 75 MB should have downloaded in about 25 mins or so. I never got the
window telling me that the install was ready so dunno what happened. In actual fact I don't care either way whether its been loaded or not. Just pazzled as to all these Hotfixes referenced (SP2)
they certainly weren't there the last time I checked it. I use the Firewall in V-com SystemSuite 5. XP Firewall was disabled.

Night Ryder 00:00 20 Aug 04

You'll find the update here.
click here
You'll need a fast connection however.

SEASHANTY 00:00 20 Aug 04

As Djohn check My Computer properties is just listing Service Pack 1. No doubt it will all come clear later on.

User-312386 00:05 20 Aug 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…