SP1a and SP1 is it poss...

Happy1 00:20 24 Aug 03

Is it possible to download SP1 over the top of SP1a which I accidentally downloaded a while back? When I look in System My computer it says Service pack 1 is installed. But in add and Remove SP1a is there at bottom. My OS is XP Pro. Thanks for help.

San

Lozzy 00:56 24 Aug 03

Its no prob having both as sp1a is the later issue. I doubt you can remove one or the other..

Djohn 02:55 24 Aug 03

If you have SP1, then there is no need for SP1a. The main difference with 1a is the removal of Java, so many prefer to stay with SP1. As to removing the SP1a, yes you can do so from control panel, Add/remove programs, but I have no idea as to the effect it will have on your present set-up.

If you decide to go ahead then make sure you back up all your files/personal data, you may end up having to re-install XP and SP1. j.

powerless 02:59 24 Aug 03

If you chose to archive the files during the installtion if SP1 then you can remove SP1. If not then your stuck with it.

powerless 02:59 24 Aug 03

If you chose to archive the files during the installtion if SP1 then you can remove SP1. If not then your stuck with it.

Djohn 03:03 24 Aug 03

Powerless, no one will see your twitchy finger...... till the morning ;o)

Djohn 03:03 24 Aug 03

Powerless, no one will see your twitchy finger...... till the morning ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…