SP1 for Win XP Home

Rhuddlan 16:50 25 Jan 04

I have been saving all my updates this week from the Windows Catoluge just in case I have to re-format my hard drives, so when I come to SP1, it doesn't let me save the file, it just opens and attempts to install, but I already have it, so does anybody know any way around this or can anyone suggest another website.

Djohn 16:53 25 Jan 04

click here I think this may be of help to you. j.

dotterel 18:04 25 Jan 04

If you do re-format your drives and install XP, as it installs it asks if you want to connect to Microsoft and install the updates. I did not bother, thinking it was too much hassle and I would do it later. I got the blaster worm within 30 mins! So whether you eventually manage it from a CD or from the internet, make sure you do! Good luck.

Djohn 18:15 25 Jan 04

Good point made by dotterel. Before you format, download the patch from M/S and save to floppy or pen-drive, install after loading windows and before going on-line. This will stop Blaster from infecting your system. The number you want is. KB 824146 j.

wicked willy 18:45 25 Jan 04

hi Rhuddlan, Just Reading your thread and I had the same old problem> I got in touch with Microsoft Ireland and They sent me a Disc with SP1 on ot >Hope that this is helpful Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…