SP1 Vista issues - IE7 Crashes, stuttering System

millawitch 19:21 01 Jun 08

I've been trying to find a solution for the various problems that have been happenning to my HP Pavilion dv6620ea / AMD Turion 64 x 2 Mobile Technology 1.90 GHz / 2 GB RAM.

The laptop had minor problems before installing Service Pack 1, but now it's just a nightmare! IE7 keeps crashing for aparent no reason (opening text-only websites, sometimes not opening images, just throwing the "Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" or stopping to open sites at all with the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message). Also, stuttering System Process behavior, sometimes going to 100% CPU usage with just one program opened (no background programs running), sometimes staying between 12 / 25% CPU usage, even with no programs running at all - which it's not conceivable - then suddenly working fine... Until it starts going crazy again once any program is opened. There are also "peace times" when I can play songs, have Internet / P2P programs, Antivirus, couple of Windows Explorer's files opened and running and no problem at all... LIKE IT SHOULD BE ALL THE TIME WITH A CONFIGURATION LIKE THIS. I've recently (5 days ago) used the Recovery Tool to roll back the whole computer to its factory condition, without success.

I've noticed that Mcafee Internet Security and Mcafee Total Protection 2008 were causing variable system behaviour, so now I've installed BitDefender 2008 - the bad things are still happening so I think it could be just an incompatibility with Windows Vista. I had an older laptop 512 MB RAM running Windows XP (SP 2) that NEVER presented such problems.

Please help me!

Sandy110 19:48 01 Jun 08

I'm having similar problems on a HP desktop after installing Vista SP1. Have also tried the recovery tool with no success. Any ideas guys?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…