SP1 update

Bald Eagle 22:27 31 Dec 03

When trying to download, the download gets as far as a "download manager" 1.9MB. I then got the message:-

Service could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer.

What do I do?

Giggle n' Bits 22:36 31 Dec 03

As you have not stated that is my guess and all I could suggest is buying XP Home legally.

powerless 22:49 31 Dec 03

Click Start, Run, Type:

net start cryptsvc

Click OK.

Now try to do the update again.

If it fails, click Start, Run, Type:

services.msc

Click OK.

Find: Cryptographic Services

Right click and chose properties. Set the Startup type to: Automatic

Click ok and restart.

Try the update again.

I that fails find a folder in C:\WINDOWS\system32 named:

catroot

Rename it to: oldcatroot

Try updating again.

clayton 22:53 31 Dec 03

this might help click here

Bald Eagle 07:57 01 Jan 04

Audiochips,

I can assure you it is a legal copy that belongs to me bought with my money. I do not like the inference you are making.

I know enough about the expertise on this site to know that if my copy was "iffy" the various folk here would know straight away.

To the others will try your suggestions, many thanks, but it may be a while before I can reply with the outcome.

Bald Eagle 08:27 01 Jan 04

Audiochip,

I am even more upset with you having seen clayton's link. Apparently it is a well known error that has patches available and everything.

Ray

Stuartli 08:38 01 Jan 04

Still no humble apology....

Bald Eagle 16:36 01 Jan 04

On the site suggested by clayton a critical update Q817287 is suggested but I can't find it on the site. Where do I look to access it?

I have tried Google but every site I try says go to the Microsoft site.

Bald Eagle 16:39 01 Jan 04

I should have said it says Q817287 is on the Microsoft site.

hugh-265156 16:45 01 Jan 04

click here

just click here click "scan for updates" and download all the critical ones and any of the others you feel applies to you.

read Powerless post above and enable cryptographic services too.

beeuuem 16:45 01 Jan 04

You could look at "You are trying to install Windows XP Service Pack 1" in section 1 of click here which may be of help if none of the above have worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…