SP1, and the story of the lost Gigs

ZEROTOLERANCE 14:56 14 Jul 04

ive just fitted a new 160gb HD drive as slave on my desktop running XP Pro. However AFTER Buying and fittting said drive, i find out all hard drives over the 137gig are limited to 138gb by M$ and that i need sp1...
unfortunately my system came with a copy of XP that was a pirate , so am unable to get sp1, im also a student and can not afford ANOTHER copy of XP, and i dont realy know any one else with a computer, (except a couple who have win95)

so My Plea For Help is---
does any one have a spare SP1 disc for win xp pro that they would be able to send me?? i Really would be gratefull, and you'd be doing your bit to help a struggling student, "grovel" "grovel"

seriously, it would be much appreciated if anyone has one they could send me. thanx, in anticipation

ps. it took time to save hard for the extra GB's so im really upset, if ive spent the extra for nothing. especialy after getting ripped for the XP pirate.

pps. shop shut a disappeared 3 months after i bought it!!!

ZEROTOLERANCE 15:00 14 Jul 04

also see this thread for the whole story,click here

Djohn 15:13 14 Jul 04

If I remember correctly I asked in your other thread if you had tried to install SP1. You replied that you had tried to download but it would not install.

I'm afraid you will come up against the same problem trying to load SP1 from a CD, It will refuse to load if it does not recognise the XP install as a legal one. Unfortunately you will need a genuine copy of XP before installing SP1.

I wish I could help but I do not have a spare copy of XP with or without SP1. Sorry, Someone may be able to advise further. Good luck. j.

ZEROTOLERANCE 15:30 14 Jul 04

Djohn, ok thanx for all the input, hopefully some one else may be able to help

ZEROTOLERANCE 16:26 14 Jul 04

;-[

tnt115 16:27 14 Jul 04

Hi there you can get it from computer magazines or order it directly from microsofts website the uk one not usa

ZEROTOLERANCE 16:33 14 Jul 04

but there not going to give me it if my OS is a pirate, or they would have let me download it!!

ventanas 16:34 14 Jul 04

If you email me with your address (click on the little envelope by my name) I will copy it to CD and send it to you. But I fear it still may not work as Djohn has pointed out. Still worth a try.

tnt115 16:37 14 Jul 04

change the activation key in your copy of xp , i got a thing thats changes the key to different ones just email me if you want it

hillybilly 16:38 14 Jul 04

It will not work!

BurrWalnut 17:08 14 Jul 04

I think this thread should be removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…