SP 2 Install problem

Scubaman 19:21 22 Nov 05

I have upgraded my computer to a P4 with 1MB RAM and a new mobo. After installing all the necessary software from my formatted HDD I tried to install the SP2 pack and lost my internet connection, (broadband), and various icons from the taskbar and the sound. After un-installing the SP2 everything is fine. I have tried installing with the firewall,antivirus and the broadband disabled but then the icons from the control panel Network Connections have disappeared. Any suggestions. Do I really need the SP2 upgrade?

Diodorus Siculus 19:26 22 Nov 05

XP SP2 vs. Intel Prescott
click here

Is it the prescott core PIV?

Diodorus Siculus 19:27 22 Nov 05

A little more
click here

Scubaman 19:06 23 Nov 05

I checked msinfo32 and found that I have a Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 and not a Model 3. I downloaded and installed the update 885626 and installed the SP2 upgrade, alas the same thing happened, no internet connection and the icons were missing from my control panel network connections, again as soon as I un-install the SP2 upgrade everything is fine.

Scubaman 19:19 23 Nov 05

BUMP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…