sp 1 wont install

kortical Implant 15:56 12 Aug 03

i use win xp pro and i downloaded and tried to instal sp1 but i get an error message about something to do with the serial no? and it then cancells!

does anyone know why i cannot instal sp1? i can install all other update but sp1 doesnt

Jester2K II 15:58 12 Aug 03

Because you are running a pirate copy of Win XP Pro???

SP-1 checks you are not using a banned CD Key.

kortical Implant 16:00 12 Aug 03

NO i am certainly NOT running an illegal edition

i pride my self in not using pirate software

so you were wrong that time!

Jester2K II 16:03 12 Aug 03

Sorry but its the usual reason. Notice i phrased it as a question and not a fact!

click here

What changes have been made to product activation in SP1? How will these changes impact customers?

Microsoft will introduce additional technological measures in Service Pack 1 for Windows XP aimed at ensuring legally licensed customers receive the full benefits of owning their valid license. These changes include denying access to the Windows XP SP1 updates for PCs with known pirated installations, product key validation during activation, and the repair of cracks to activation. Additional features have been added to provide a better customer experience including an additional three-day grace period to re-activate after significant hardware changes and the ability for volume license customers to encrypt their volume license product key in unattended installations.

Licensed customers are not impacted by any of these changes.

Terrahawk 16:03 12 Aug 03

has it been activated

Jester2K II 16:03 12 Aug 03

Better contact MS then.

kortical Implant 16:04 12 Aug 03

sorry for snapping but just done a long night shift and not been to bed (getting ratty) ha ha

i ll take a look at your link and hope we can sort it out

Jester2K II 16:04 12 Aug 03

So whats the "something to do with the serial no?"

Exact message might help us work out whats wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…