sp 1 or two

garabaldi 14:17 23 Apr 05

hi.....my os is windows xp my question is which service packs should i have and what is the differece between them? Also if was to install a operating system would i have to install these packs via a disc

Nelmon2k 14:20 23 Apr 05

You should have both installed. You will probably have windows SP1 installed if your computer is fairly recent. However you should have SP2 as it adds significant security patches to your computer. You should check to see if any problems with it have been found with your computer. Hope this helps...

Technotiger 14:28 23 Apr 05

Hi, XP *is* your OS (Operating System). Yes you should have SP2, either off a CD or by Download from Microsoft Download Center. Be warned, it is a very long download, even with broadband.

Cheers.

Curio 14:29 23 Apr 05

If SP1 is not installed, just install SP2. It covers both.

garabaldi 14:34 23 Apr 05

thanx guys

stalion 14:44 23 Apr 05

go here and have a read regarding sp2 before you install it also if you contact microsoft they will send you a free cd with sp2 on
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…