source and destination on same ide bus? nero warni

Aol Hater 14:48 09 Jul 03

i came to copy a cd for the first time using nero and i got a warning that said something like the source and destination are connected to the same ide bus. what does this mean and is it a problem?

Jamie.com 14:55 09 Jul 03

Have a look at this click here it should help you.

Nice name.

IZZY 15:22 09 Jul 03

AOL Hater...Hi...

I'm deliberating with myself whether or not to offer any advice. I LOVE AOL. But what the h...

The message basically means that your CD writer and (possibly) your DVD drive - the drive your are copying to and the drive you are copying from - are on the same IDE bus. This can cause copying/writing problems but if your CD writer has a reasonably sized cache and you keep the copying speed down it should be OK.

That was the way my CD writer and DVD drive was set up when I got the comp. new and I recall getting the same warning from Nero but I have burned and copied many CDs with no problem albeit at 8x copying speed.

What you can do, of course, is to copy to the Hard Drive first and then on to CD.

and I don't think it's a nice name....:)))o

But Kind Regards,

IZZY

Jamie.com 16:30 09 Jul 03

do you still love Aol if you have kids under 10 and they get spam e-mails with sex chat lines and webcam sex ect...and IM offering webcam sex.

Update your self: click here

Jamie.com 16:37 09 Jul 03

.......and I new you would response to this by saying about there Parental Controls, which dose not work as you have to open the e-mail to add the address to the "Block e-mail" so what is the point.

I'm not having ago, it's just I had AOL for 2 Year (don't know why, as it's easy to change over to a better ISP) and I found them to be hard to deal with as making money to them is they number 1 policy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…