Sounds rubbish

VestanPance 21:16 08 May 03

You guys have proved helpful in the past - don't let me down this time!
Whenever I play an audio CD, MP3 CD, or MP3s ripped to my hard drive, the sound is rubbish. Choppy and distorted. Sounds in games from my hard drive or on CD or DVD are fine. I'm running WinXP on an Athlon 1700XP+ with 256MBDDR. Sound is courtesy of a SoundBlaster PCI card (nothing special, but I thought adequate at the time), DVD is Creative PC-DVD 6240E, CDRW is Mitsumi CR48X8TE. Hard drive is Quantum Fireball 30GB.
I checked at Windows Update, and it downloaded and installed the latest driver for the sound card. Still same. Any suggestions etc...

VestanPance 09:37 26 May 03

refresh

Steinman 12:28 26 May 03

Anything else running @ same time?
Try shutting down other things in background.
If that not work @ least this problem will be back to top of pile for you.

3Toed 12:59 26 May 03

Any 'environmental'special effects turned on in your surround mixer softwear?.Hey,VestanPance,hope you meant 'Sound is rubbish',otherwise,what sounds rubbish?
;-)

-pops- 13:07 26 May 03

I note you have Windows drivers for your sound card. These are basic to say the least and you would be better with Creative drivers. click here and search for the drivers for your model.

It may not help but then again - - - -

Brian

3Toed 13:19 26 May 03

Do you still have the softwear for your creative sound card still installed from your original installation?-not necessarily the drivers,if so as i think pops is hinting at,you may have a conflict arising,and as he suggests creatives own drivers would be more suitable.

wee eddie 21:21 26 May 03

Better have a look at the bandwidth that you are downloading, the software you are using etc.

VestanPance 21:42 26 May 03

-Pops- the driver for my sound card is the one listed on your link.
-Wee eddie- it's not a download prob, I'm listening on my own machine.
-3Toed- Play back is rubbish
-Steinman- Tried that, doesn't have any effect.
What MP3 ripper & playback software do you guys use / recommend?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…