Sounds gone!

TN 18:59 16 Oct 04

Running Windows XP Pro and was moving computer round house to different BT outlets to try to get Broadband to work. After being successful and setting up somputer again I plugged a jack plug into my sound card outlet which should have been from my music centre - it wasn't - it was the power supply to my USB hub. Naturally sound gone. The sound system was on-board sound. I then bouight and installed a Creative Sound Blaster Card. Was told to uninstall the on-board sound via the BIOS. Cannot find this anywhere in the BIOS. How have sound card installed with still not sound. According to Control Panel Devices are all working - and no it is NOT muted. Any suggestions would be appreciated. By the way the two Jack Plugs were identical but I know that is no excuse for stupidity.

thedogisdead2 19:02 16 Oct 04

Im baffled at how an identical jack plug could have damaged the system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:08 16 Oct 04

Make of motherboard / Bios Award? Phoniex?(posted on first screen at startup).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:02 17 Oct 04

Via e-mail

Board: KM266-8235 Bus Clock 133 Megahertz BIOS: Phoenix Technologies Ltd600PG 05/15/2003 Hope this helps.

TN -- Post all relys on your thead then other people can see replys and offer help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:12 17 Oct 04

Look under Integrated perphierals in BIOS for AC97 audio should be set to AUTO you need to disable it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…