sound/graphix card help

bananaz 22:09 21 Feb 05

Hi all, a mate of mine had a bad trojan on her pc & it caused big problems with her system.
In the end, the system had to be re-installed with XP & everything else.
She has a H/Packard pc which is about 18 months old, & didnt come with any disks, ie.XP.
So i used my disks from my DELL pc & everything works great, apart from the fact she has no sound & things such as screensavers have problems playing. She has a radeon 9200 card, which seems to be not installed & having no disks for it, im at a loss, as to how i can sort it for her.
I have searched this site & many others for help, but found nothing i could understand or get to work on her pc. Is there maybe a program some where that i can download that can sort this problem out? or maybe you can advise me on another procedure?
Thanks very much in advance ppl.

HXP 22:22 21 Feb 05

Hi

It just sounds as if you need the ATI drivers for the card visit their website there is a radeon generic driver that should work. Also full installation instructions.

click here

HXP

Totally-braindead 22:24 21 Feb 05

What you need to do is install the drivers on her PC for the motherboard, graphics card and sound. What is the model name/number of her PC?

Totally-braindead 22:41 21 Feb 05

What you need to do is go here click here enter the model name and number of the computer she has, download the drivers for the motherboard, graphics and sound and install them. That should solve the problem, if you have a CD writer then you can download them onto your PC and just burn a disk with all the drivers on it for your friend so that if the problem reoccurs then at least you don't have to download them again. One thing though, make sure you install the motherboard drivers first, this is important as the graphics card and sound drivers may not install properly if the motherboard is not installed first. Any problems post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…