Soundcard problem

Darth_chaffinch 12:03 10 Feb 08

I started to hear a crackle through my Logitech 5.1 speakers which went up and down with PC activity (?!?), tried cleaning the card, updating the drivers - all to no avail. When I tried to uninstall the drivers my PC got very upset (hanging after login). How can I completely uninstall the card and drivers before trying to add it back as new please??

Thanks!

Joe R 12:06 10 Feb 08

go to control panel-system-hardware=device manager and expand, sound video and game controllers.

Right click on any sound options and select uninstall.

Darth_chaffinch 12:13 10 Feb 08

Thanks Joe, does that include codecs and legacy audio?

martd77 12:28 10 Feb 08

The crackling could very well be a bad connection in the speaker wire,if you move the wires(s)around does it solve it

Darth_chaffinch 12:53 10 Feb 08

Reinstalled, moved wires about, still crackling, also the rear speakers have stopped working! I have a Trust 5.1 surround sound card SC-5250.

martd77 12:57 10 Feb 08

darth
I had the same problem and it was a bad connection in two of my speakers so i got rid and got a new set(lasted 5 yrs)Not saying thats your problem but if you can try another set that eliminates that theory
I presume you have gone into audio settings and chosen the 5.1 output and tested the speaker output that way

Darth_chaffinch 13:03 10 Feb 08

Thanks martd77. They are set to 5.1, the problem is definatley only with specific sounds/frequencies. The speakers never really get touched, is it worth opening them up to check for loose connections?

martd77 14:31 10 Feb 08

dont know bout that mine was the cables that ran from the speakers to the sub there was a break in them somewhere and i couldnt fix it cos they are wired into the rear of the speakers,had it been phono plugs,could have tried a new set of leads?

Totally-braindead 14:35 10 Feb 08

The last time I had something like this it was the volume switch had dirt in it and a little spray with WD40 and a bit of fiddling with the switch worked for me.

My 5.1 speakers are a bit weird using my onboard sound, in order to get them to work I have to set them up as 6 channel speakers not 5.1. If I use 5.1 then 2 of the speakers don't work at all.

Darth_chaffinch 23:04 18 Mar 08

I've just updated the BIOS and NET.framework, after which the sounds returned to normal!

?!?!?!?

Thanks for the suggestions!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…