Soundcard Problem

Big Trev 22:09 19 Aug 04

Some time after installing XP SP2 my sound card ceased to work. It is a Yamaha OPL3-SAx. After much faffing about I got the drivers installed so they are okay in the device manager, but the Sound and Audio Devices thingy in Control Panel is all greyed out except for a bit saying No Audio Device.

All is connected correctly (it was working fine for about ten years) so it isn't a hardware problem.

Strangely, when Windows Autodects new hardware the Wizard will not install from the CD Rom that came with the sound card - says there is no software on the disc that has anything to do with my soundcard.

Does anybody know why I'm experiencing these problems and how to solve them?

THE TERMINATOR 22:31 19 Aug 04

Uninstall SP2 through add/remove programs or do a system restore to when your speakers were working ok....TT

Big Trev 23:14 19 Aug 04

I have now uninstalled SP2 but can't do the system restore thing. I tried that this morning and discovered system restore was switched off for some reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…