Soundcard problem

Jomi 18:21 26 Jul 04

I recently installed a soundblaster audigy soundcard, everything seemed fine until my youngest son logged on to his user account - no sound at all, so I tried my older sons user account and that was the same - silence, both are set as administrators.
So mine is the only account with sound.
I tried uninstall and reinstall a couple of times but it didn't help, anyone have any ideas? thanks.

AMD 3200+,
Win XP pro, +sp1
1gb 3200 ddr ram

Dorsai 18:27 26 Jul 04

Have had the same problem, but with a PCI USB card and the modem plugged in to it. Am still waiting to find a fix. I like XP, as it seems more stable than it older siblings, but there do seem to be a few traps in it when it comes to installing new hardware.

Sans le Sou 18:54 26 Jul 04

Should there only be one administrator who can change settings for all other accounts.

Jomi 19:36 26 Jul 04

Well yes, I assume so - but that's me and I was the one who installed it.

Dorsai 19:38 26 Jul 04

Have you tried converting the other accounts to 'admistrater', running 'install new hardware wizard' from within those accounts, asuming it don't autop detect, in the hope that XP then sets them up to work with the new hardware?

I tried this for my Modem/USB card and it seemed to work, but i have not been brave enought to turn my PC off, as it took 3 days last time i turned it off to get back on the net.

Dorsai 19:42 26 Jul 04

See they are admin already.

Try changing to restricted, then back to admin...Shot in dark.

Sans le Sou 20:31 26 Jul 04

How many administrators are there on your system?

Sans le Sou 20:44 26 Jul 04

I think you should set up your computer with only one administrator until you have all hardware installed and then you can create other accounts. The software has only loaded into your administrators account I assume and to avoid loading it up for each account that are all administrators,it would be easier to load it once with you as sole administrator. I am no expert but this is what I comprehend from the online blurb. If I am wrong I would be grateful for other comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…