Soundcard Not Working

frandis 09:32 21 Jul 04

I use Windows XP pro, with Creative 128 PCI sound card. My soundcard has been working OK for months - then I received an error "your card may be in use by another application". I checked and it wasn't. Then when I try to play an mp3 or wav file - I am told I have to go to Control Panel, Add Programs, Windows setup, then click on Multimedia - and install Audio Compression.

However I have no Multimedia option, and no option to add Audio Compression. Can this be added any other wasy?

I have uninstalled my soundcard and software, reinstalled the card & software and the result is the same. Does the sound card need replacing, or do I have to do the usual - reinstall Windows XP again??

And to add insult to injury, my Roxio GoBack program only allows me to revert to Todays reboots - no earlier. I have a 120 gig drive with 70 gig free, pentium III 1.0 Mhz and 1.0 gig of Ram.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…