Soundcard Not Working

frandis 09:32 21 Jul 04

I use Windows XP pro, with Creative 128 PCI sound card. My soundcard has been working OK for months - then I received an error "your card may be in use by another application". I checked and it wasn't. Then when I try to play an mp3 or wav file - I am told I have to go to Control Panel, Add Programs, Windows setup, then click on Multimedia - and install Audio Compression.

However I have no Multimedia option, and no option to add Audio Compression. Can this be added any other wasy?

I have uninstalled my soundcard and software, reinstalled the card & software and the result is the same. Does the sound card need replacing, or do I have to do the usual - reinstall Windows XP again??

And to add insult to injury, my Roxio GoBack program only allows me to revert to Todays reboots - no earlier. I have a 120 gig drive with 70 gig free, pentium III 1.0 Mhz and 1.0 gig of Ram.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…