Soundcard Not Listed In Device Manager

ian2uk 02:19 14 Feb 05

I have no idea which type of souncard i have built into my alabacomp systme, i am getting close to assuming it it is Ac 97 or something, i have not been able to notice this listed in the sound partof devive manager and have struggled to update any drivers for it seeing that i think the computer does not even know it is there, i have been going round in circles trying to get the sound working again and how no idea, i have tred loads of trouble shooters software to identify my card (BUILT IN) and loads of updates installed but tono avail,
what might be the best solution, i am considering buying a new sound card and plugging it in will this work ? or does any one have suggestions on how to fix the old one .
help very much needed and greatfull !

vinnyo123 03:04 14 Feb 05

Quick suggestions PCI card? Try to reinstall
Built in "motherboard" check BIOS "CMOS" to see if it in enabled.

Gongoozler 08:04 14 Feb 05

Download and run Belarc Advisor click here. This should tell you what motherboard you have. From that we should be able to tell what the onboard sound is.

ian2uk 09:19 14 Feb 05

Board: I845GV-ITE8712
Serial Number: UL8J43008107
Bus Clock: 132 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 06/29/2004

this is waht i got of the program you suggested any use ?

Gongoozler 10:12 14 Feb 05

I think this coould be your motherboard click here or click here

ian2uk 10:33 14 Feb 05

i have had a look it does not look like my motherboard does this matter ? and if this is what next thanks for helping

Gongoozler 10:36 14 Feb 05

---- and if I'm right, the Realtek driver is available from this page click here

Gongoozler 10:46 14 Feb 05

Hi ian2uk. I may not have identified the motherboard yet, but I'm pretty sure I've identified the chipset. Can you confirm the processor is a P4 or Celeron? Can also you check whether there is any makers identification on the motherboard.

ian2uk 11:09 14 Feb 05

Albacomp computer
Celeron (R)cpu 2.4ghz 246mbr
foxconn is platered all over motherboard , i have had realtek driver but not done nothing ?
could i not just buy a new pci sound card to fit in an empty slot ? thank 4 helping

Gongoozler 12:03 14 Feb 05

Hi ian2uk. It looks like Foxconn is the maker of your motherboard, and Intel 845 is the chipset. The nearest match I've found so far is this one click here.

Even with the right drivers, it's unlikely that the sound quality will match that of a PCI card. All onboard sound systems I have worked with suffer from crosstalk of motherboard noise onto the audio, so I recommend that you get a PCI card. They are available very cheaply from suppliers such as Ebuyer click here. The cheapest will be better than onboard sound, and above about £20 you will start to get quality sound.

If you do fit a PCI sound card, you will need to turn off the onboard sound in BIOS.

ian2uk 12:13 14 Feb 05

I have decided that i am just going to buy a new pci sound card, and hope that this works o.k. with no issues thanks loads for your time and hope to cross paths again should any of us need help !

Cheers !
:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…