Soundcard for DVD Audio

Stenton 20:30 18 Jul 05

I have a great Creative Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 surround speaker package and have a 5.1 surround card that I bought from Maplins and for DVD movies.

I'm now starting to buy some DVD-Audio discs and upgraded my Intervideo software to Intervideo 7 Platinum so I can play DVD-A discs. DVD-A will not play on ordinary DVD systems.

I have to say the sound is pretty good when listening to, for example, REM's "Automatic for the People".

However, I'm very tempted to buy Creative's Audigy Soundblaster Soundcard (£52 when bought on PC World's web site or £79 if bought in store). It has 24 bit encryption for DVD-A. But given that the sound I already get from my £30 soundcard seems OK, I wonder if I'd be wasting my money?

Anyone with any experience of the wonders of listening to DVD-Audio on their PC?

leo49 20:39 18 Jul 05

Never heard DVD-A, but I've just replaced my Audigy soundblaster with a high end Terratec card so if you want a cheap Audigy2 you know who to call....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…