Soundcard control-panel software problems

Jono106 09:58 05 Feb 03

Hi there my faithful computer brains. Yes, I'm back again with another ridiculous problem with my computer that I'm too stupid to figure out for myself. This one is strange though. I have recently installed a Terratec DMX6-Fire 24/96 soundcard with breakout module which, hardware wise, appears to be working fine. With the card I got a software/drivers with all my bits and peices on it. I installed the drivers ok, although they weren't digitally signed but the control panel software package is doing strange things. This control panel is where you control all your surround sound settings, levels etc. When I loaded it up, the shortcut was on my desktop so I clicked on it and up popped the control panel. I fiddled around with a few levels whilst playing a cd in MusicMatchJukeBox and everything seemed to be ok until I closed or minimised it and it disappeared for good, never to be returned. The icon remained but it didn't work when clicked on. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling
and it again worked fine until I shutdown or closed the window. This is the wierd bit.... when I restart my computer after the icon doesn't work, I log in to try again and my desktop background appears and then for a half a split second the distinctive control panel flashes and disappears and the icon still wont work. My computer tells me it is present and taking up space in my hard drive but it wont launch!!!!!
Please dry my perverbial tears as I'm at my wits end with bloody computers. Why can't they just 'go' (pro terminology there!).
Many Thanks

AndySD 10:42 05 Feb 03

What is your operating system.

When you reinstalled did you do it through Add/Remove programs?

Is there a shortcut to it in Control Panel?

brittas 10:47 05 Feb 03

could it be a clash with MusicMatchJukeBox ???

Jono106 10:52 05 Feb 03

I'm running XP at the moment. I don't think there is a shortcut in the control panel. The actual file is saved to Program Files, DMX6Fire with a shortcut on my desktop.
I did uninstall it through change/remove programs but I reinstalled it through the Terratec CD.

Jono106 10:54 05 Feb 03

I don't think it would clash with the JukeBox as it all came with the soundcard so I'm assuming it should all be compatible with each other.

AndySD 10:59 05 Feb 03

click here and make sure you have the latest drivers / control panel.

Jono106 11:11 05 Feb 03

This is the point where you must think I am completely stupid but I can't download the right drivers/control panel as I have no idea of the build of my soundcard or which drivers I need. I can't continue with out this information. I'm not very clued-up on computers. I have looked for the build in the documentation and leaflets but nothing. I threw away the cardboard sleeve that surrounded the box with the artwork but have kept the box. Would this critical info have been printed on the box sleeve?

AndySD 11:22 05 Feb 03

Hmm not an easy one to answer as the simplest method would have been Help in the program.

Anyway if you have time then click here and download the Drivers and Control Panel and install them ....then you know you have the latest version.

Jono106 11:35 05 Feb 03

Thanks for you help guys. Knowing my luck I'll be back in a week when my hardrive starts behaving like a himalayan yak. Cheers peeps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…