Soundcard causes problem with PC boot.

Lazzer 04:15 24 May 06

Hi all,

I have posted something like this before, but after some tests have become rather confused by the outcome so was wondering if anyone can help, thanks.

Right well, I have an Elitegroup (ECS) KN1 extreme motherboard that I purchased in sept 2005, and have until now been using a soundblaster audigy pci soundcard.
However I have recently purchased an M-Audio Delta 66 soundcard which i want to replace the Audigy.
I removed the audigy and replaced it with the M-Audio card, turned the pc on and the pc itself seems to boot up, meaning all the lights come on and the psu fan turns on etc, but the monitor stays in standby, even though its plugged in properly.
I removed the m-audio card and put the audigy back in, and the pc booted up fine, the monitor came on and all was well.
So I tried putting both soundcards in, as i have a few PCi slots, but again the monitor stayed in standby.
I tried the maudio card in every pci slot i have available and still nothing.
I presumed the card may have been at fault and got the store to test it for me, but the card worked.
i have emailed maudio and they told me it could be an IRQ resource sharing issue, but i dont know enough about this to make an attempt to investigate.
I have all the upto date drives and stuff, also my pc spec is better than the minimum requirements for the soundcard.

Does anyone have any idea as to what it could be?
I have emailed the manufacturers of my motherboard but they have yet to get back to me...

Any help and advice is much appreciated :)

Thanks all

Steven

xania 12:27 24 May 06

You don't indicate you OS so

click here for Windows 98

click here for Win2000

click here for XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…