Soundcard Advice

jimmymac78 12:40 29 Jul 03

Hi,

I have an extensive collection of digi music, i want to start using my P.C as a 'stereo'. I have a fairly hi-end dell with on board sound. If i was to upgrade to a better sound card would i get a better quality of sound/audio (all sound cards seem to be advertised on features as a pose to quality of sound) i am assuming so?

Could anyone recommend a decent sound card for this purpose??

Thanks loads in advance!

The Transporter 14:36 29 Jul 03

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2

click here

It will give a better sound mariginally,. The main think is it will free up resources in your pc. by using a pci sound card. Making it run faster. One thing

Remember to disable "on board Sound" in the bios when you do install a sound card. Otherwise you will get conflicts.

:-)

DieSse 14:56 29 Jul 03

My take on this is that most of the sound "quality" thing is advertising pufferey - no doubt some boards do give better quality, but by how much I would be really suspicious. You're right that the features can be better - but what features do you need to listen to music, I ask.

The best route to improving the sound is a set of decent speakers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…