sound/broadband conflict

Chaz10 09:51 04 Apr 04

System running - Xp 1.4 athlon/448mem/

sound card 4.1, fujitsu bb modem - After starting computer the bb modem continues to blink until i remove the sound card driver. So i uninstall the driver and restart. On restart modem no longer blinks I can connect to internet and then then reinstall sound driver. Have to do this every time! Tried different sound cards and drivers and not problem with ISp (works on laptop)

Any ideas how to fix

kingkenny 10:54 04 Apr 04

Could be a conflict between the respective devices.

If you are using XP then click on start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system information and the in the window click on Hardware resources and expand the conflicts and sharing section to see

On changing that, i am not sure, but someone here might.

thedarkside 20:49 04 Apr 04

Sounds like an IRQ sharing problem. Soundcards are selfish little buggers when it comes to interrupts.

These can be altered in BIOS. Just keep a note (And I do mean write down) of the systems IRQ's in case of problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…