Soundblaster sound card probs.. with reinstall

Dragonfyre 21:40 30 Aug 06

Hoping somebody can help me, I have a three year old Mesh computer running Windows XP SP2.
When I bought the PC I had an sound card upgrade to Soundblaster Audigy2 Platinum. I have had a couple of problems with this in the past but nothing I couldnt fix with a bit of thought.
Well, now I have another problem that I just cant get my head round. I had a problem with my 6.1 system deciding it wouyld only be 4.1 and wouldnt give any choices to reset it. So read up on things and decided to a complete uninstall and then reinstall off the supplied disk. All went well until I tried to reinstall, got the error message " No hardware found" oh,by the way the card is OEM, dont know if this makes any difference to the way things get installed at build. So I pulled the car, and re did it again, same problem. I have managed to get some drivers etc off the Creative site and have managed to get the sound working. My problem is there are some other "parts" that havent installed, and I would like these, you can see them on the installation disk, but they are "empty files" it looks like they can only be run on full installation. I am willing to uninstall everything again, but how do I get it to recognise the soundcard so I can start from scratch? oh, to make matters worse anything else I do, the system seems to "detect" the soundcard, just not when I try to Install Soundblaster.
Sorry for the epic I have written, but please, anyone, any ideas?

User-312386 22:33 30 Aug 06

click here for the latest audigy 2 driver

Uninstall all other audigy2 software

Now double click the .exe file

After the file has installed, pop your disc in and then load what you want from the list

Stuartli 22:53 30 Aug 06

There's also an AutoSoftware Update facility on the Creative website:

click here

Stuartli 22:55 30 Aug 06

SP2 should provide basic drivers for your card - it certainly has for my SoundBlaster Live!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…