Soundblaster -mixing effects

snooker 11:00 07 Aug 04

My sound card is the Creative Soundblaster 1024 Live and the environmental effects are great.
Can someone please explain how different effects can be mixed and recorded?
For instance a ‘Chipmunk’ voice on top of a ‘no effects’ instumental.
I can save the chipmunk voice but it reverts to no effects when the instumental is introduced..
I also have Audacity if anyone knows how this can be used instead.

Indigo 1 14:45 07 Aug 04

First download and install Jet Audio from click here this will allow you to record "What U Hear" including effects, then just add one effect at a time and record it.

Each time you play back you can add more effects as necessary.

snooker 14:58 07 Aug 04

thanks Indigo 1.
I am downloading at this moment!

snooker 17:51 07 Aug 04

ok indigo1. JetAudio is up and running and looks impressive.There appear to be no Help files or instructions.The Audio Mixing Recorder wont open -I get 'illegal operation'
Not sure were to go from here. Help!.

snooker 21:02 08 Aug 04

Problem sorted.
The answer is to set the environmental effect reqd (e g chipmunk). and record in Creative Recorder set to 'What you hear'even if recording with mic. then set effect to 'no effects'and record backing instrumental in recorder.
Open both tracks in Wave Studio then copy and paste one track on top of the other (making sure curser of pasted track starts relevant to the other.Then play combined tracks while recording in Recorder. From there wav file can be recorded to CD.
Thanks all.
sorry about duplicate file

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…