Soundblaster Driver SB0220

Paranoid Android 07:28 19 Mar 04

I need a Windows 2000 / Windows XP driver for Soundblaster Digital Live 5.1 sound card OEM. Part number SB0220.

So far all I can find is a 50MB download from driverguide, and I don't have broadband. Creative website only seems to have links to a 'hotfix' file for existing drivers.

I have tried searching the forum, but search engine not working.

Thanks, Marvin

Stuartli 09:29 19 Mar 04

The basic driver shouldn't be more than around 3MB at the most - are you including the AudioPack as well?

If you go to:

click here

about half way down you will find a yellow panel with the means to update and install the driver you require.

It seems the SB0220 and the SB0222 drivers are the same.

georgemac 10:19 19 Mar 04

the creative driver is click here scroll down to Sound Blaster Live! - LiveDrvUni-Pack English 10/03/2003 but it's a 24 mb download - and it sounds good, it comes with audio hq etc etc

sent you a mail when the site was down.

Paranoid Android 09:35 20 Mar 04

Thanks for the links. Drivers work OK in WinXP but I had problems in Win2000. Looks like I'll be buying another card.

Anyone know the difference between OEM and BULK on Creative soundcards ? Do BULK cards come with CDs ?

Marvin

Paranoid Android 18:57 20 Mar 04

Ok, sorted now.

The drivers I downloaded do work (thanks for the links guys) but I had to install them in a particular way.

When the hardware detection comes up asking for a driver, cancel it. Uncompress the LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG) driver pack manually to a new folder using winzip or similar. In it there is a file called CTZAPXX in the /Audio/Driver folder. Run this file to set up the drivers, then restart.

After this, run the setup program in the Audio/AudioHQ folder to set up AudioHQ.

Job done.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Marvin

Stuartli 09:23 21 Mar 04

Just a warning. You may have to disable/mute CD Audio in your Volume control Mixer panel using the AudioHQ utility.

It took me a few minutes to work this out after discovering that I was getting two playbacks of the same audio CD's tracks....

Eventually I uninstalled AudioHQ and went back to Windows Media Player9 for audio CD use.

Paranoid Android 09:45 21 Mar 04

Thanks Stuartli.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…