SoundBlaster Audigy

PCUSER2 00:14 16 Jul 04

Hey All,
Still on the video camera thing!
Ok I've got a Soundblaster Audigy card installed on my pc which has a sb1394 connectivity can this be used to transfer my camcorder video onto my pc?
SoundBlaster Audigy Digital entertainment 24bit not sure of the model

Cheers

Night Ryder 00:41 16 Jul 04

Don't think you can do this with the Soundblaster Audigy card. The sb1394 socket does not conform to the right standards for capturnig video. You will require a Video capture card or a firewire card to achieve this.

Bagsey 10:07 16 Jul 04

Yes you can use that connection to capture your video from your digital camcorder. You will of course need some editing software as well. But if you are using xp you will have movie maker on already. I suggest that that is a reasonable place to start from until you are confident. There is a mm2 upgrade available on line and that is a BIG improvement so go for it. By the way I use the set up that you are suggesting ie Audigy card connection. If I can be of any furthur help just post again.

Bagsey 10:08 16 Jul 04

Yes you can use that connection to capture your video from your digital camcorder. You will of course need some editing software as well. But if you are using xp you will have movie maker on already. I suggest that that is a reasonable place to start from until you are confident. There is a mm2 upgrade available on line and that is a BIG improvement so go for it. By the way I use the set up that you are suggesting ie Audigy card connection. If I can be of any furthur help just post again.

Bagsey 10:10 16 Jul 04

Sorry about double posting but the site is very slow today???

PCUSER2 04:25 17 Jul 04

My Cameras the panasonic NVSG50 Im now trying to find out what cable to get to connect to the soundcard sb1394 socket do you know what type 4 pin to four pin ,6 pin to four pin ?etc

cheers

byfordr 08:36 17 Jul 04

would recommend this stuff click here or these click here

Have a look at your firewire port on the soundcard it should be slightly bigger than the one on the camcorder. If it is it is likely to be a six pin, the slightly smaller one is likely to be a four pin. (You should be able to count the pins if you look closely)

I use a 6 pin to 4 pin when connecting my Sony to the pc.

R

Bagsey 08:44 17 Jul 04

I go along with what byfordr says. I use a 6 pin to 4 pin cable for my Canon video cam .A standard 6/4 pin fire wire cable will do the job ok, but lookout for a good quality screened lead as it will rule out any stray signals that could be picked up from other leads particularly if you desk is the same rats net of cables as mine is.

byfordr 08:47 17 Jul 04

Used lots of the one from the first link...price slightly increased now but does the job well!

R

Bagsey 17:00 17 Jul 04

That is a very cheap price I will go there for anymore I need. Thanks for the info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…