Sound volume controls

Rhuddlan 19:13 06 Jul 04

When trying to change the sound of my speaker and mic in the sound and audio devices in control panel, a message appears saying that a certain file is not installed and to install it by goinig to add/remove programs, but I can't find a installation file there can I. Anyone got any other ideas? Regards, Rhuddlan.

SEASHANTY 19:22 06 Jul 04

Guess not. Being as you have not told anyone the name of the missing file. If its a .dll file then
you could try downloading it from one of the sites
that supply these files. Like this one
click here

Rhuddlan 19:34 06 Jul 04

The name of the file is sndvol32.exe, it appears when I press the volume button on any sound option, wheather it's audio or mic or any option in the sound icon in control panel.

VoG II 19:42 06 Jul 04

This is for Windows 98 click here

Rhuddlan 19:57 06 Jul 04

I have windows xp home, should I download and install this then?

Rhuddlan 20:32 06 Jul 04

Could anyone tell me if I have to install this or not, I am only asking again, because my post goes further down the forum and doesn't get a reply down there, so I want it back near the top, anyone help me, regards, an impatient person, Rhuddlan.

Rhuddlan 21:03 06 Jul 04

It says I have to sign into driver guide.com first before downloaing the file, do I have to sign up or not?

VoG II 21:07 06 Jul 04

I suggest you DO NOT install this which is for the wrong version of Windows.

Start, Run, type in

sfc /scannow

and click OK. Insert your Windows disk when prompted.

Rhuddlan 21:09 06 Jul 04

I have done that SFC thing in run before and it has never asked me for my windows disk, besides I haven't gone one, I have a packard bell and only got a recovery floppy disk with the comp, no windows xp disc, any other ideas please? regards, Rhuddlan.

Rhuddlan 22:57 06 Jul 04

Is there a download file for xp?

SEASHANTY 11:27 07 Jul 04

See this website
click here
Look under the heading Volume Control - Error Message which is in BOLD typeface.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…