Sound and Video Sync Issue

Confab 14:47 09 Jul 06

I have recorded a programme on my DVD recorder, a Muse concert from the TV. I’ve finalized the recording and it’s now on my PC hard drive as several VOB files. All I want to do is to cut out the adverts and burn to back DVD. I’ve tried using NERO but the resulting DVD has sync problems. The sound ends up about 2 to 3 seconds out from the picture. This seems to be a known NERO issue.

Does anyone know of a good, easy to use and preferably free VOB file editor?

Thanks in advance.

Confab

David4637 14:52 10 Jul 06

I sometimes get a lip sync probs with Studio V9. Have you adequate RAM on your PC. I think you may need more than 512MB, which may be my prob as well? Any comments from you experts out there?Thanks David

Confab 12:46 11 Jul 06

Its a fairly new Dell with P4 and 1Gb Ram. I have the bare minimum apps running but the end result is always the same.

I found this on the net yesterday and will give it a go when I get time.

If problem in Nero then:
1 on desktop click start
2 select control panel
3 click on administrative tools
4 click on services
5 browse your way down to IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE
6 right click (on IMAPI) then select properties
7 in the middle of the window it will say start up type.click on the arrow to the right and select disabled.
8 make sure you click APPLY
you should notice that Nero starts alot faster aswell.

Confab 12:46 11 Jul 06

Its a fairly new Dell with P4 and 1Gb Ram. I have the bare minimum apps running but the end result is always the same.

I found this on the net yesterday and will give it a go when I get time.

If problem in Nero then:
1 on desktop click start
2 select control panel
3 click on administrative tools
4 click on services
5 browse your way down to IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE
6 right click (on IMAPI) then select properties
7 in the middle of the window it will say start up type.click on the arrow to the right and select disabled.
8 make sure you click APPLY
you should notice that Nero starts alot faster aswell.

ArrGee 13:10 11 Jul 06

Might be easier to convert the VOB files to WMV (click here) then edit out the adverts with this (click here) then covert back to VOB for burning.

De Marcus™ 13:32 11 Jul 06

Which version of nero and are you using Nero Vision?

Confab 13:47 11 Jul 06

At work at the moment so I can't get the version number but its the most updated version of 6. I used Vision Express.

Confab 14:29 11 Jul 06

I might just do what you have suggested. Its just that I didn't want to reduce the quality of the file by converting to another format and then back to VOB.

Confab

john-232317 14:39 11 Jul 06

What editing software have you used ?

I use Ulead moviefactory and Nero and never have any sync problems.

I dont think "out of sync" is a known Nero problem.

woodchip 14:45 11 Jul 06

You are not alone

I have had that problem on stand alone VHS\DVD Recorder when recording to DVD. Not all the time just on some. When recording from TV

Confab 12:13 12 Jul 06

click here=

I'll explain exactly what I did and then it might become a bit clearer.

I recorded a tv prog from the TV on to my stand alone DVD recorder and then finalized the disk so that it could be read in my PC. I decrypted the DVD using DVD Decriptor as my DVD recorder copyrights TV recordings. I then saved the Decrypted DVD as VOBS on to my hard drive. The VOBs play perfectly so I used NERO Vision Express to remove the ads and some bits at the front and the end. I then re-recorded the edited VOBS to a DVD. The result was that the sound and vision started off ok then got out of sync towards then end. I have tried saving the edited VOBs straight to my hard but the problem still persists.

I've not tried it again since making the changes in my post of [email protected]:46 but I will let you know if I ever get this resolved. I'll probably send an email to NERO, they are usually very good at solving issues.

Thx

Confab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…