Sound & Video sync

dfb70uk 11:49 20 Mar 08

I am running XP sp2.
I noticed when transfering VHS tapes to the computer and on to CDs that sound and vision end up not in sync. Now I have got a Digital freeview Rx connected this happens on some programmes (Like BBC good, ITV bad). Is signal level anything to do with this?
Low Signal level seems to cause lock ups on the picture.
Regards
Dave

eedcam 12:46 20 Mar 08

Yes its a reception problem usually regarding freeview. But the vhs is another story how are you getting the tapes to tv .The most straightforward is to use a dvd recorder then just import the dvd if you wish to edit .If the vhs tapesto dvd are important there are programmes that will let you adjust the sound sync but its fiddly

dfb70uk 07:33 29 Mar 08

Sorry eedcam
It is VHS to computer via capture, edited and then to DVD

lofty29 09:30 29 Mar 08

I have done this with my old vhs tapes to preserve them, a lot depends on the qaulity of the tapes, the age of the vhs, the compression ratio, and the programme you are using. I used windvd creator and did not have to many problems. If it's an old vhs then the heads could be worn or need cleaning

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…