Sound and video out of sync

Indigo 1 12:23 06 Jul 05

I know this has been mentioned here before but I can't seem to find the solution.

When I burn video clips to CD to make a VCD using Windows Movie Maker, the sound track appears to be longer than the video. After a few of minutes of playback, the sound begins to go out of time with the video, this gets progressively worse untill after about 10 mins of playback it is nearly 1 second out of sync and continues to get worse which is very annoying.

I have Nero Express but have not managed to burn VCD's successfully with it and would like to know what other alternatives there are or what I can do to keep the sound in sync with WMM.

Indigo 1 12:39 06 Jul 05

I don't have a DVD burner.

€dstowe 12:48 06 Jul 05

This is a really common problem with a number of video processing programs.

On the home user level, I found that WinDVD Creator was amongst the better programs for maintaining sound sync but I'm not sure that it is compatible with VCD.

click here

GroupFC 12:58 06 Jul 05

I can't be much help but you could have a trawl through this site click here
to see if you can find an answer.

Or you could have a look at this site click here

Good Luck!

Indigo 1 13:03 06 Jul 05

Thanks for that €dstowe, it does say that it supports CDRW so it must support VCD although it is a little expensive for my purposes.

I was hoping for something free (perhaps too much to hope for).

Indigo 1 13:05 06 Jul 05

I will look through them both and report back.

Cheers guys.

€dstowe 13:36 06 Jul 05

There is a free trial of the WinDVD Creator. If it works, perhaps you could get hold of an earlier version for a good price (eBay or something)

jbaker65 14:55 06 Jul 05

I use uLead video Studio (version 7 because I'm on Win98se)and have no sync problems whatsoever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…