Sound and video out of sync

Indigo 1 12:23 06 Jul 05

I know this has been mentioned here before but I can't seem to find the solution.

When I burn video clips to CD to make a VCD using Windows Movie Maker, the sound track appears to be longer than the video. After a few of minutes of playback, the sound begins to go out of time with the video, this gets progressively worse untill after about 10 mins of playback it is nearly 1 second out of sync and continues to get worse which is very annoying.

I have Nero Express but have not managed to burn VCD's successfully with it and would like to know what other alternatives there are or what I can do to keep the sound in sync with WMM.

Indigo 1 12:39 06 Jul 05

I don't have a DVD burner.

€dstowe 12:48 06 Jul 05

This is a really common problem with a number of video processing programs.

On the home user level, I found that WinDVD Creator was amongst the better programs for maintaining sound sync but I'm not sure that it is compatible with VCD.

click here

GroupFC 12:58 06 Jul 05

I can't be much help but you could have a trawl through this site click here
to see if you can find an answer.

Or you could have a look at this site click here

Good Luck!

Indigo 1 13:03 06 Jul 05

Thanks for that €dstowe, it does say that it supports CDRW so it must support VCD although it is a little expensive for my purposes.

I was hoping for something free (perhaps too much to hope for).

Indigo 1 13:05 06 Jul 05

I will look through them both and report back.

Cheers guys.

€dstowe 13:36 06 Jul 05

There is a free trial of the WinDVD Creator. If it works, perhaps you could get hold of an earlier version for a good price (eBay or something)

jbaker65 14:55 06 Jul 05

I use uLead video Studio (version 7 because I'm on Win98se)and have no sync problems whatsoever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…